Saturday, June 7, 2008

99.9% Raw

Yesterday was my first day eating completely raw, minus the 1 peanut M & M that I somehow just had to have. I don't even care for M & M's much and of course I just had to have it. I think I did pretty well though. This is what I ate yesterday:

3 Bananas
5 Apricots
2 Nectarines
1 Avocado

I was in a mood for fruit and when it became dinner time all I wanted was an avocado. I LOVE avocados. It was heavier than the rest of the food I had eaten, although bananas are heavier than other fruit the avocado just satisfied a need I had. After the avocado I thought I was going to need to have a salad or something more to eat by my body isn't asking for as much food as it used to. I look at the food I had yesterday and although the numbers when I look at it looks like I ate a lot just because I wouldn't normally just have fruit, it is a lot less than I would have had in the past. I normally would have had maybe a breakfast burrito or donuts for breakfast, some type of fast food or microwave meal for lunch, and fast food for dinner. I would have also had any kind of food that was around throughout the day to snack on even if it was candy I don't care for very much and after my boyfriend Will came home I may snack on his french fries he hadn't eaten. Wow, great diet huh. It is sad to even say that I would eat that much when I'm noticing that with eating healthy foods I don't even need half of that and the quality was CRAP!

After 9 days of changing the way I have been eating, 1 of those days being 99.9% raw here are my findings:

1- I have more energy.
2- I have the urge to clean; the mess around the house is driving me crazy!
3- Getting up in the morning hasn't been as much of a struggle.
4- My face has been clearing up from the random outbreak that has come in the last few months. My friend’s mom asked me what I was doing because she said my face was looking very clear and nice. That was nice having someone else notice that I'm changing.

I have had knee aches my whole life and have taken over the counter medication for it. For example I may take IB Profien and Tylenol to ease the pain. On Wednesday night my knee was hurting so bad it kept me awake until around 3am, tossing turning, aching and the pain started to shoot up my leg. I didn't take anything for it because I didn't want to put anything that didn't need to be in my system in it. What are ways to ease pain when it comes up without taking over the counter medication? Is there a way?

1 comment:

Linda in the Raw said...

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for posting on my blog!! I'm so glad I inspired you! I would encourage you to read the blogs that are on the right hand of my page, visit goneraw.com and giveittomeraw.com and read the forum, post questions, and try the recipes.

I'd also sign up for Karen Knowler's newsletter at www.therawfoodcoach.com she always has great transition info as well as great ideas for recipies, emotional support and more!
Let me know if you have any questions!!

Good luck and keep me posted on your progress!

xoxo