Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Back!

I've continued to eat high raw since my last post. I have been 100% raw other than a couple of slips ups when I may have had a bite of something and this has been seldom.

For 3 days at the end of March I had cooked food. I was in a wedding party for a close friend and between the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception I had cooked food. This did not settle so well. It is amazing how much my body doesn't like cooked food anymore. My body doesn't like the cooked food so much that I had not felt well after having cooked food then on August 1st I was feeling okay. I was up on the stage during the wedding and right when the minister says "I now pronounce you..." I passed out. Thank goodness I've passed out in the past so I knew the symptoms and what was happening so I had the chance to sit down as gracefully as I could while seeing completely black. Surprisingly, not many people noticed. Although passing out wasn't really what I had planned for the wedding it actually was a good thing it happened. It answered some questions for me.

I used to pass out if I hadn't eaten, and sometimes even if I had. I've had many blood tests done and I've always been told there's nothing wrong with me. Kind of funny how when I've been eating raw I haven't felt the urge to pass out once, I have had nothing but energy and felt great. For me, the passing out must have something to do with the cooked food. All this time my body has been trying to tell me something and I had no idea. Hopefully now that I'm back to raw after the 3 days I won’t have that problem again.

Today I haven't been feeling well, I've had wonderful things coming out both ends (TMI, I know). I made some cashew cheese which tasted great but while I was eating it I wasn't feeling quite right so I through it out. I was starting to feel better until in the middle of the night I threw up and at 4:30pm today I still have something coming out the other end. Not much substance though, haven't eaten much today, haven't felt like it. Do you think it really could have been the cashews? I guess I've only had them probably 3 times before in other recipes but in smaller amounts. I don't know what the deal is. I don't feel like I have the flu.

Here are some things I've noticed since eating raw:

- I have more energy.

- My face clears up a lot until I eat a bite of something cooked.

- My sinuses have felt clearer than EVER.

- I prefer to eat fruit over veggies although I'm much more open and curious about other foods that there is no way I would have cared about before.

- I LOVE to hear about peoples gardens. (I also have my own)

- I find myself wanting to find other ways to improve myself.

- If I ever get full I never feel the nasty I want to crawl in a ditch and not come out kind of stomach ache, it is more just the feeling of being full and that I should stop eating. I LOVE not feeling horribly full all of the sudden.

- I've lost 16lbs and I haven't had to try other than sticking with the raw food.



I've read a lot about "No Poo" and today I've tried it for the first time. So far:

- Not greasy.

- Lots of wave and not much frizz. (My hair was very wavy/curly as a baby and over the years have turned to a large frizzy afro style hair that HAS to be straightened to go in public.)

I've read quite I bit and I'm sure that I will experience some nasty greasy days; I can make it through it. My hair tends to be greasy naturally and today I seemed to get away with it feeling washed, we'll see.

My new goal is to post at least once a week. Even if nobody else reads this I need a way to track my progress and so far I haven't done so well with the tracking. I really do need something to look back on and remind me of why I am doing this and what my progress has been over time.

No comments: