Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Alcohol and Raw DO NOT Mix!

*Disclaimer*
I'm aware that alcohol is not raw. = )
Saturday night was going to be so much fun. I had two bachelorette parties to go to from 6pm through the rest of the night and I was ready to party! That's what I thought anyway. The night started out with dinner and bowling at a really neat place that had a full restaurant and in the bowling area there were leather couches to sit on instead of the lousy chairs bowling alleys usually have. After 9pm there are no minors allowed which means there are servers who come to your lane and serve you like you're in a restaurant the whole night. That was fun. I had a couple drinks, bowled horrible as always, but it's fun so it doesn't matter. We were then off to a bar where we would mingle with friends for awhile and wait for the next bachelorette to arrive. I had one more drink which was fine. I was now at a point where normally I could maybe drink two more in the past and been drunk but still functional. A couple of minutes later I felt extremely drunk and didn't have much control over myself. I knew it was a big problem when I suddenly found myself hugging the toilet at the bar. EWWW! My mom was there as well and found me in the bathroom and was nice enough to take me home although I'm sure she would have loved to had stayed. By the time I got home the alcohol had kicked in so much that when I opened the car door I fell out! I'm sure you can imagine where this all went from there but I'll tell you, it wasn't fun! I spent Sunday feeling horrible and not sure if I was sore from bowling, throwing up or what. Moral of the story is, although I don't drink much as it is, I used to be able to keep up with those around me and that isn't the case any longer. I'm going to have to remember that if I drink at all I should have maybe two and leave it at that because it is going to catch up with me faster than I know it. Another learning experience I guess.

No comments: