Thursday, August 14, 2008

Feeling Much Better

I am feeling much better after Monday and Tuesday feeling horrible! I threw up 13 times Tuesday night losing 5lbs, not fun. I must have caught some kind of a bug after all. As of today, Thursday I have not gained any of the weight that I lost back, although I've not been eating as much because my stomach just wasn't quite ready. I'm wondering if I will keep it off because a lot of “stuff” was coming from my intestines (a nice way of putting it) and maybe I needed to be cleared out there anyway. I don't expect to keep it off although I think I deserve some kind of reward from being that sick. We'll see. I'll update next week on that.

Today is day 4 of "No Poo". My hair was getting pretty greasy and waxy feeling so I did cave in and wash with conditioner which worked quite well. I used some of the techniques from the book, "Curly Girl" by Lorraine Massey, which I bought last night. Of course I wanted to see more of my hairs potential so I used a little bit of gel to help the natural wave learn to do its thing. I guess this is cheating from the whole idea of not using any product but we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll find a gel that has more natural ingredients in it and wash with lemon next time. It's all an experiment so I guess I have to try different things right? So far I do like my hair better without shampoo.

Has your hair turned more wavy/curly since not using shampoo? Do you use anything on your hair?

No comments: